Monday, July 21, 2014

Top Ten Reasons to Get on Instagram Right MEOW

Ahhhh, Facebook.  Social media bread and butter for rescue groups.  We can network, share animals in need, commiserate, send messages....  Where would we be without it?  Of course, sometimes the drama can be a bit much.  Also, there's twitter, the birthplace of the hashtag.  Here's me when I find myself in the twittersphere, trying to tweet or whatever:

What I look like, tweeterittering

Maybe someday I'll figure it out.  #dontholdyourbreath #nottrendy #imdoinitrong

Then, there's Instagram.  Oh, how I love Instagram.  There's no drama b/c you can't share stuff.  Okay technically, I guess you could if you wanted to, but it takes like, 47 steps and I draw the line at 45 mmmkay?  People are there because of common interests and/or for the sheer beauty of photography, so there's a shocking (and dare I say wonderful) lack of selfies.  If you come across a bunch of selfies on Instagram, you're following the wrong people.  Here are the top 10 reasons we've found to keep going back to Instagram:


10)  Sookpit






Not only do you get adorable pics of rescued pibbles, you get great shots of the South Texas landscape.  Sookie's people recently got a GoPro and the shots are amazing.  #dontbullymybreed



9)  InstaSquirrel

ermahgerd.


This is the North American Squirrel Preservation Association aka, You Had Me At Squirrel  :)  It says on their homepage that they donate $1 to NASPA for each new follower so get to followin'.  #instacute



8)  dallasvegan



So maybe you're thinking, "I'm not vegan".  YET.  I mean, do you see this here food?!  Plus, maybe you have friends come into town.  Maybe they're vegan and you didn't know it.  Maybe they ask where a good place for dinner is....  Maybe you're all, "ummm.... most Tex-Mex places have cheese enchiladas..."  Wrong answer, compadre.   Then maybe you remember you follow Dallas Vegan on instagram and BOOM.  InstaHERO is your new name.  You're welcome.  #getinmahbelly



7)  Bite sized bakery






Disclaimer:  This bakery is NOT in Texas.  It's NOT vegan.  I have no idea how I stumbled on this account, but I am not even sorry.  They specialize in cake pops.  Those are Calla Lilies made out of cake and unicorn dust, fool.  Each picture looks more delicious than the last.  #sugarcoma





6)  Hotelroomer






This countdown was seriously lacking in cats until now.  This is....wait for it....


A HOTEL FOR CATS.  It's located in Lyon, France, so you don't understand a word they say, but also, they're CATS.  I hope they accept people too because if I ever find myself in Lyon, France, my ass is checking in.  I will put on a cat suit and make myself at home.  #dontjudge




6)  Sylvia Elzafon







You can find her work on the walls of Dallas Animal Services, on the sides of buses cruising around Dallas, at Be Raw Food and Juice, on the cover of Beg by Rory Freedman, and lots of other places.  Of course that would mean a lot of driving around, and Instagram can save you all of that.  Rescue dogs, delicious food, glorious photography.  #toknowheristoloveher




5)  Tofu the Tiny Pig







Okay.  This is exactly what it looks like.  A tiny pig and his dog-brother.  I melt every time this account posts a pic.  GAH!  Have to move on.  #friendnotfood




4)  Ivy Raptors




This one is SUPER fun because you can tag them with a pic of your pet with it's best raptor-face and they share them.  The whole account is dog and kitty funny faces.  #rawr





3) Hamilton the Hipster Cat





522,000 followers can't be wrong.  At least not all of them.  Yes, that is a cat with a perfect mustache. No, I have never tried to google an address so I can go steal him.  There are tons of pics and videos of him, and they are all equally adorable.  #hetotallydrinkscraftbeer



2) Nelson the Goldendoodle






He was featured recently in D Magazine's Blog, Front Burner for being the "coolest dog in Dallas".  I'm sure you tell your dog that he's the coolest, but let's be real.  This dog rides around bar-hopping in the sidecar of a vintage Vespa wearing doggles.  If I am ever lucky enough to see this dog in real life, you will hear the scream.  I will be like an 11-year old girl at a One Direction concert that has cameos from Justin Timberlake and Harry Potter (no, I don't mean Daniel Radcliffe, I mean the actual Harry Potter).  #thereisnohashtagcoolenoughforthisdog




1) Mazie's Mission





HEY it's our blog, so we make the rules.  Don't make this cat drop down from her perch and get you.  Okay, really, we are new to Instagram so if you go on there to check out these cool accounts, let them know we sent you (and they will be like, "who?") and maybe we'll get some followers out of the deal.  :)  #followusaround  Our instagram username is Maziesmission1.

And of course if you have some you'd like to share, let us know in the comments.  :)


xoxox,

---The Mazie's Mission Family



No comments:

Post a Comment